Are you looking for a meaningful and rewarding way to provide a valuable service in your community? North City Congress has many opportunities for people like you who want to help and support older adults to remain living in their own homes to stay engaged, healthy, independent and safe.
Volunteers come from all types of backgrounds and all ages. There are opportunities for people who are interested in making a long-term and short term commitment as well as people who have a community service requirement to fulfill. Groups, schools, faith based communities and businesses that wish to organize a community service day are all welcome. See list below for some of the ways volunteers help NCC.
- Gardener, Class/Activity Leader: Share a talent or skill, help us plant and keep our garden, plan and lead a class or activity
- Kitchen Helper: Coffee hour and lunch time
- Office Helper: Answer telephone calls, put together mailings, stuff envelopes, fold and collate newsletters, update bulletin boards and other office responsibilities on an as needed basis
- Party and Event Helper: Be a part of the party planning teams who plan and facilitate the fun parties and events at the center
- Fun (fund) Raising Ambassadors: Help with putting together fund raising activities to support center programming and facility•
- Center and Community Relations Ambassador: Greet and spend day with new members, or represent NBSC at community events
- Professional Administrative Helper: Help with newsletter design and implementation, project management and provide management support
- Technology Wizards: Provide computer, web and technology support – Facebook & web management
Your Volunteer Connection at NCC
If you would like to volunteer your talents or would like more information about volunteer opportunities please contact the Center Director at 215-978-1300. We would love to connect you to a great volunteer experience!