Job Summary: key responsibilities include; providing information, assistance, group and individual counseling, developing/running/managing social service related groups and seminars, providing community outreach and assisting new members with center enrollment process.
- Fully comprehends, articulates and reflects in professional practice the mission, vision and philosophy of North City Congress.
- Maintains an atmosphere of professionalism that is reflected in NCC customer service standards to all senior center members, staff and customers.
- Assists in maintaining a pleasant, attractive clean and safe physical environment at the senior center.
- Knows and follows all center policies and procedures related to daily operation of center using good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Provides tours, center orientations for interested prospective member, community residents and professionals.
- Assists center receptionist with answering of phones and support at the front desk as needed.
- Responsible for new member enrollment, processing of all forms related to new enrollment and entering data into the PCA Client by Client system.
- Responsible for annual re-assessments and file update for all active members and updating data in the PCA Client by Client system.
- Completes PCA and other funder required data input and report requirements.
- Provides counseling, advocacy, benefits assistance, and referral for center and potential center members.
- Assists Center staff with difficult member situations.
- Develops, lead and/or oversees social service related programs, support groups and seminars.
- Maintains and keeps updated benefits and resource information to support center members and community.
- Provides to Center Director program information for the monthly center newsletter and calendar.
- Writes appropriate articles for center newsletter.
- Responds appropriately to member’s issues and concerns in a professional manner.
- Maintains accurate program data and reports for counselor related activities.
- Supports marketing and outreach activities within the center and the community, events, fairs and conferences that promote the senior center and North City Congress programs.
- Does three (3) senior center public speaking community outreaches per month.
- Participates in quality improvement and outcome measurement efforts.
- Assists Center Director and Executive Director with required reports, audits and outcome requirements.
- Attends NCC meetings and training as necessary and integrates new knowledge and skill into position.
- Represents North City Congress on social service related community groups and committees.
- Assists Center Director and other designated staff with duties and projects as assigned.
Primary Customers or Key working Relationships:
Older adults served by the senior center and their families, staff and volunteers of the senior center, PCA, instructors/presenters, Septa Community Transit, community agencies, vendors.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field with experience working with older adults preferred.
Licensure & Certifications: Criminal background Clearance, CPR and First Aid Certification
Program Specific Competencies:
- Able to relate to people regardless of race, age, religion, ancestry, sexual preference, education level, physical or mental handicap.
- Consistently demonstrates empathy, encouragement and respect for staff/participants/customers.
- Demonstrates strong people skills.
- Fosters collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Demonstrates both good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates good organizational and time management skills.
- Possesses strong computer skills.
- Desires to work to advance the agency’s mission and meet the needs of older adults in the NCC community.
- Travel to NCC work related meetings and appointments
- Regular Senior Center hours are 8:30 am – 4:30 pm but position will require some flexibility that will include some evenings and weekend.
General office equipment, computer, digital camera, program table and chairs.