We are seeking a Case Manager for the In-Home Support Program (IHSP). IHSP provides support and services to homebound older adults in North Philadelphia. Successful candidate must have strong assessment, organization, communication, problem solving, and computer skills. Bachelor Degree in Social Work or related field required. Knowledge of aging service resources and experience working with older adults a plus. Car required. Salary: $27,431 with benefits.
- Fully comprehends, articulates and reflects in professional practice the mission, vision and philosophy of North City Congress.
- Maintains an atmosphere of professionalism that is reflected in NCC customer service standards to all consumers, senior center members, staff, vendors and customers.
- Assists in maintaining a pleasant, attractive, clean and safe physical environment at North City Congress.
- Knows and fallows all NCC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for home visits with older adults for the purpose of assessing their service needs and developing service plans suitable to meet their needs.
- Responsible for coordinating delvery of services relative to the serice plan.
- Responsible for monitoring the continuity of and the sapproprateness fo services rendereed.
- Responsible for the timely completion and accuracy of all PCA standardized forms including monthly statistacl reports regarding service activities.
- Responsible for the maintenance of central records which document support program services provided to oro n behalf of clients.
- Assist with intake, information and referral process.
- Maintains and keeps updated benefits, resource and vendor information to support consumers and community requests.
- Supports outreach activities of North City Congress programs and services.
- Participates in quality improvement and outcome measurement efforts.
- Assists IHSP Supervisors and Executive Director with required reports, audits and outcome requirements.
- Attends NCC meetings and training as necessary and integrates new knowledge and skill into position.
- Represents North City Congress on social service related community groups and committees
- Assists NCC program staff with other duties and projects as assigned.
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships
Adults 60+, caregivers, staff, vendors volunteers, funders and community partners
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in social work or related field from an accredited college or university with experience working with older adults preferred.
Licensure & Certifications: Criminal Background Clearance
Program Specific Competencies:
- Able to relate to people regardless of race, age, religion, ancestry, sexual preference, educational level, physical or mental handicap.
- Consistently demonstrates empathy, encouragement and respect for staff/consumers/customers.
- Demonstrates strong people skills.
- Fosters collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Demonstrates both good written and oral commnications skills
- Demonstrates good assessment, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrates good organizational and time management skills.
- Possess strong computer skills.
- Desires to work to advance the agency’s mission and meet the needs of older adults in the NCC community.
- Travel to home visits and NCC work related meetings and appointments.
- Regular NCC hours are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Position will require some flexibility that will include some evenings and weekends.
General office equipment, computer